10.04.2010

Week Ahead

Hope all my rhubies had a great weekend like I did.  Apologies for the delay, I was in Columbus, part of the week and then Sunday, I was trying to make sense of my studio as I am in a redo mode, my goal is to be done by Halloween and I will post the results.

My goals for this week:
  • Finish going through studio "stuff"
  • Prep walls and trim and paint one wall in the studio a black chalk board paint
  • Make my traditional college baked goodies for the girls now that college has started back up (I know I am 3 weeks behind for this, but life happens).  I do biscotti for Silla and chocolate chip cookies for Alex-see below.
  • Look for book shelves for the living room
  • Take baked goods to Columbus on Saturday, and go thrifting at 3 shops while there with Alex and Silla.
These seem like things I can get done, if nothing unexpected comes up, keep fingers crossed.

-------------------------------------------------

I did not have time for my Foodie Friday, but here it is-a couple days short.  The apricot and pistachio biscotti I have posted before, but I never posted the chocolate chip recipe, they are fabulous, hope you think so too.

chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe

Best Chocolate Cookies
(adapted from allrecipes.com)


1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar

2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.

Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

This recipe makes about 4 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment